Dillon 650 Attachment For My Bridgeport Mill

In my ongoing quest for another square inch of space in my shop, I was cleaning a storage area (tossing trash is more like it), and ran across this long idle tool. I’ve been wanting a stable, adjustable loading bench for a while, but it hasn’t been a wicked priority for me. It struck me that theres not too many more stable, adjustable points in my shop than the table of my mill. I’ve had this short section of U channel that I’ve been tripping over for too long (that coincidentally was painted close to Dillon blue), and decided to trim it and drill a couple of holes in it. The end result is a real sturdy fixture that comes off right quick (thanks to the short T-bolts left over from the vise rebuild). mvc-009f
The whole “fabrication” process took about an hour (less the painting and drying time). I had a can of “old ford blue” left over from some other project that matched pretty good. I still hafta tweak the loaded cartridge catcher bracket a little, but so far it looks like a winner. It occurs to me I’ll hafta be pretty dilligent about stray powder residue and milling sparks, but I can deal with that. I might need to come up with some enclosed cabinet to store the press, and all the attachments to keep it clean, but that strikes me as being a plus in the long run. After looking at the pics, I noticed I need to pay more attention to leaving my lathe drum switch in neutral, too!


Minor bummer during the assembly process: I wonder now if I REALLY need my old Rockwell/Delta drill press. The BP is so adept at drilling/tapping the drill press almost becomes redundant, but its a luxury I don’t know if I’m ready to give up yet. Now all I need to do is dig out all my loading supplies, I think I’ve got some Bullseye powder and some 200 grain LSWCs around here someplace…………

Please have a look at the and let provide your special maintenance and tool needs..